Makeup and some perspective

Friday, December 30, 2016

NYE makeup, do I need to add gold


Today I spent sometime working on my looks for NYE. I'm heading out to Long Island City instead of the Big Apple this year. There was suppose to be a video on this look but my camera died and I was getting frustrated with myself thus I was hell to the video and well, here I am. With the frustration from making the video, the makeup look did come out decent. In my mind I wanted the different colors to come through, however they blended together and created a very interesting mix.

You can tell that the lips are what pop in this look.  I've come to really like the formula from Smashbox Always on Liquid Lipstick. I'm wearing Bang-Bang and the other color I've been using is Chillzone. I want to purchase the other shades because the formula is comfortable. Matte lip products tend to make your lips very dry and it's not at all comfortable. The Anastasia line of matte lipstick I can't stand for long periods of time. Other lines that are okay are the suedes and lingerie mattes by NYX and the Tarte creamy line.


My face makeup consisted of the mix Tarte Rainforest of the Sea water foundation in Light Neutral and a gifted foundation, Maybelline FIT me! Dewy + Smooth Normal to Dry in Nude Beige. The foundation was set with Tarte Smooth Operator Amazonia Clay Finishing power. The foundation and finishing powder combination was not the best I had because after awhile I could feel the makeup melting off and becoming greasy. When I touched my face, my fingertips left indentations. I use the Lancome Le Duo stick for my face after getting the wrong shade. I was able to make it work! It's is beautiful light product and I did not want it to go to waste. To add to the contour I use my Too Faced Cocoa Contour Palette using medium cocoa. Overall this was the look I made which is not the main look I'm going to use when I go out.


The following look will be one that I will. To see how I got the look and the products that I used, watch the video below.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive