Makeup and some perspective

Friday, January 6, 2017

That no makeup, makeup look.

I will thank Sephora youtube for my inspiration this week. I was watching a few of my favorite food and travel youtubers when I came across the sephora ad for their no makeup, makeup look for 2017. Products featured were Dr. Jart's BB Cream, Benefit's brow products, Bite cosmetics, and other notable brands. The products used are on the pricier end and I saw a few modifications, well rather simplifications I could play on the look. It resulted in creating my own rendition of the look.

I lowered the product count and added my own twist with the eyeliner because I like to use different colors instead of the basic black and brown. I will also note, if you want to cover up blemishes or dark circles I do recommend using your concealer of preference. However, if you need suggestions I recommend:


  1. Maybelline Age Rewind Concealer
  2. Nars Radiant Creamy Concealer
  3. Naked Skin Weightless Concealer

The base of the face I used Naked Skin One and Done Sheer Foundation in Medium light. The color range is decent but not the ideal range for all skin tones. Sephora used a BB cream and I tend to move away from the BB creams because they have alot of flashback and  make skin lighter which I have no interest in because I want my normal skin tone to be represented. I do not need to be any paler than I am. I realized while writing this, I should find a drug store brand sheer foundation so this look can be switch out for a cost effective combination. As for the distinguishing factor in my look I used Urban Decay 24/7 liner in Mildew, a dark green to line my eyes with. The green does compliment my brown eyes, another color I would opt for is a purple in which I did not have at the time. To add, I should have gone for a NYX line product because I feel that 20$ is not worth it for an eyeliner product. Other products I used were:


No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive